Recent reports from Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo state that Liverpool had promised Coutinho a January move to join Barcelona in order to keep the playmaker happy and motivated for the season.
Mundo Deportivo have a new take on Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona.
The Catalan side made multiple attempts at signing the Brazilian earlier in the year but according to reports, the Premier League club were holding out for 200 million euros ($237 million) and kept the midfielder. We will be ready to recruit in January.
"I will not say how much we offered, but they asked for €200m".
Tom Brady says he'll play in Week 6: 'I'm not anxious about'
New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady said he will be playing Sunday when the team faces off against the New York Jets . Aside from fielding questions about his health, Brady also raved about the season wide receiver Danny Amendola is having.
However, the 25-year-old playmaker tried to force a move to Barcelona during the summer with the La Liga giants submitting multiple offers for the Brazil global.
It's likely the Anfield club will be upset with Grau's comments having written to Barcelona urging them to stop trying to unsettle Coutinho. There's no benefit to Liverpool agreeing to such a scenario, it would be naive, simply pushing the problem to January... unless it was an outright lie and they'll deal with the consequences after Christmas.
Saga transfer of Coutinho became the center of European public attention in the transfer market last summer. The Reds were unmoved when Coutinho officially asked him to be sold.
Barcelona's summer interest appeared to have an affect on Coutinho.