The Ohio health department became aware of the norovirus outbreak after local hospitals notified the officials about a number of people who complained of certain symptoms after eating Mama C's food.
Officials began investigating this week after a spate of people developed the gastrointestinal illness.
A spokesperson from the health department says the restaurant has been very cooperative and voluntarily closed on Tuesday to deep clean the kitchen and sanitize the entire facility.
The outbreak began late last week and all the cases that developed symptoms of the gastrointestinal virus had eaten food from the shop between August 4 and Tuesday, according to health officials. The doughnuts were sold in two Wood County locations - Grounds for Thought in Bowling Green and a Marathon gas station at 25570 N. Dixie Highway, Perrysburg.
SoundCloud Loses CEO But Stays Afloat With New $215 Million Investment
We just closed out the first decade and created a really unique platform that impacts global music every day", said Ljung. Total revenue has more than doubled to more than a $100 million annual run-rate this year. "It's unique.
The health department tested specimens from the restaurant, three of which came back positive for Norovirus.
Norovirus, which spreads easily through food and drink, inflames the stomach and intestines and often causes vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach cramps. The illnesses have been tracked to people who ate at the shop between Friday and Monday.
"I was a little surprised, and kind of scared because we had just gone to eat donuts there the day before the news came out that the virus had hit". The doughnut shop will remain closed and can only resume its operation once the health department cleared its cleanliness and other conditions. Norovirus can be fatal to some people, especially children, the elderly and those with compromised immune system. We feel so, so sorry for everything that happened.
Norovirus generally spreads more rapidly this time of year and peaks in the winter. A person usually develops symptoms of gastroenteritis 12 to 48 hours after being exposed to norovirus. General lethargy, weakness, muscle aches, headaches, and low-grade fevers may occur.
The genus name Norovirus is derived from Norwalk virus, the only species of the genus.