Dortmund suspend Dembele indefinitely

Adjust Comment Print

Barcelona target Ousmane Dembele has had his Borussia Dortmund suspension extended indefinitely, the club have confirmed.

The 20-year-old found himself fined and suspended by the Bundesliga side earlier this week when he failed to show up for training.

Speculation mounted that the France forward was Camp Nou-bound, after he missed training without permission on Thursday.

The 20-year-old France worldwide will be suspended till after the German Cup opening round on Saturday, the German club announced on Thursday, reports Xinhua news agency. "We will of course sanction this misconduct", Dortmund's sporting director Michael Zorc said in a statement.

Trump again cites 'military' option against North Korea
This rise in tensions between the United States and North Korea weighs on the financial markets and anxious many world leaders. In response, Japan began on Saturday to deploy its missile defense system Patriot, after threats from Pyongyang.

Zorc says, "Our focus is now concentrated on preparing the team for the Bundesliga opening game this coming weekend in Wolfsburg", adding, "Dembele obviously has the possibility to train individually away from the group".

Borussia Dortmund have extended Ousmane Dembele's suspension indefinitely after the France worldwide went AWOL this week in an attempt to force through a move to Barcelona.

Dortmund are holding out for a bid of around €135 million for Dembele and on Sunday they have confirmed that he wouldn't be returning to squad training in the short-term future.

Dembele joined Dortmund a little over 12 months ago from Rennes on a five-year contract and has attracted top European suitors after a breakout season at the Westfalenstadion. "Whatever happens, happens. It's a hard situation".

Comments