United Nations chief condemns terrorist attacks in Pakistan

Adjust Comment Print

"The United States strongly condemns the terrorist attacks in Parachinar and Quetta on Friday", White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said in a statement. A day after the attack, responsibility was claimed by the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi al-Alami group, which is allied to the Islamic State and had carried out an attack at a vegetable market in the city in January this year.

While in Karachi four policemen were killed in a drive-by shooting as they ate dinner at a roadside restaurant in the port city. Senior police officers apparently were the target, with at least seven officers among the dead.

There were no immediate claims of responsibility for the Parachinar blasts.

The Parachinar blasts were the deadliest in a series of militant attacks across Pakistan Friday which killed a total of 77 people, unnerving citizens ahead of Eid, one of Islam's holiest festivals which closes the fasting month of Ramadan. There are also complaints of utter lack of coordination among security and law-enforcing agencies as nearly all of them were working in isolation despite repeated claims of strengthening coordination and intelligence sharing, which seems to be a mere rhetoric or on papers alone. The Pakistan Army launched a countrywide intelligence-led military operation against militants.

Woman kicked out of her apartment pool for 'inappropriate' swimsuit
The curvaceous woman went on to be told she was effectively inciting young men to behave in a way that they might not otherwise. Jenkins was wearing a pink bathing suit she bought from Forever 21 when she was approached by a leasing office staff member.

Major General Asif Ghafoor said the attacks had been traced to rebel sanctuaries in Afghanistan.

The ministry also confirmed that there was no Malaysian casualty in the attacks.

The attacks were condemned by all parties. Most casualties occurred in Parachinar as a second bomb went off when people gathered at the place of the first explosion.

The toll in the twin blasts that hit a market in Pakistan's Parachinar city has increased to 67, the media reported.

Comments