Jose Mourinho has not been contacted by tax authorities

Adjust Comment Print

A prosecutor said he did not declare income from the use of his image rights in order to get an "illicit benefit".

But the Daily Record claim Ronaldo only wants a return to United if he comes to the Premier League.

Jose Mourinho - one of the most successful managers of the last 20 years - has been accused of defrauding Spanish tax authorities of $3.6 million during his time as Real Madrid boss.

The statement also said that Mourinho had received a certificate from the authorities confirming that he was "up to date with all his tax obligations". Real Madrid and Man United are not directly involved.

When it became public that a prosecutor in Madrid filed a tax fraud complaint against Ronaldo on June 13, the news went viral and several worldwide media platforms speculated that this could cause the footballer to leave Real Madrid this summer.

And Ferdinand, who played with Ronaldo at United for six seasons, hopes his former club can finalise a deal for the four-time Ballon d'Or victor.

"Ronaldo is a Real player and will continue to be so as far as we are concerned", Perez told Marca on Tuesday.

Death toll rises to 3 in blast at Colombia mall
All vehicles entering the parking garage are screened by bomb-sniffing dogs and security guards are present throughout the mall. The rebel group the National Liberation Army , the second largest in the country after FARC, condemned the attack on Twitter .

Ronaldo is with Portugal at the Confederations Cup in Russian Federation and has not said anything about his future since the "A Bola" story was published. Mourinho left Real Madrid in the summer of 2013.

The Madrid provincial public prosecutor's office said Mourinho created a "network of shell companies with the object of hiding profits from his image rights".

Last week, Ronaldo was accused by a state prosecutor of four counts of tax fraud totaling $16.5 million.

The accusations against Ronaldo have caused speculation in Portugal and Spain that he is considering leaving the country to play elsewhere.

Messi and his father were both given 21-month jail sentences but neither will go to prison as the misdeed is considered a first offense.

Barcelona's Neymar and Javier Mascherano, as well as former Madrid defender Ricardo Carvalho, have all found themselves under investigation in recent months.

Comments