Iran's Revolutionary Guard strikes Syria for Tehran attacks

Adjust Comment Print

Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps has launched missiles at Daesh Takfiris' headquarters in Syria's Dayr al-Zawr, Press TV reported.

Early reports indicate that a large number of terrorists have been killed and their equipment and weapons destroyed following the missile attacks launched by the IRGC from bases in Iran's western provinces of Kermanshah and Kurdestan.

"In case if attacks on Iran continue, the flame of our justifiable anger will burn terrorists to ashes", the Revolutionary Guards said in a statement.

It said the attack targeted "a command base.... of the terrorists in Deir Ezzor", Syria's oil-rich eastern province.

Islamic State issued a statement claiming responsibility for the Tehran attack.

Lily Allen's Newsnight appearance cancelled after controversial Grenfell Tower fire claims
While some felt that May had been given a rough ride, most believed that she had handled the questions badly. Theresa May was criticised after she sidestepped questions about the Grenfell Tower fire .

The attack last week, which included shootings and at least one suicide bombing, was on Iran's parliament and the shrine of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the founder of the Islamic Republic.

The Guard did not provide many specifics, but said the surface-to-surface medium range missiles fired from Iran targeted Deir el-Zour, Syria.

Senior Iranian officials had also put the blame on Riyadh after the Tehran attacks, saying Saudi Arabia was "promoting terrorist groups" in Iran.

ISIS claimed the Tehran attacks carried out by five gunmen, all Iranian citizens including some of Kurdish origin, who killed 18 and injured more than 50 people on June 7.

Comments