Eight foreign terrorists were among the 120 terrorists killed in the military and police operations against the ISIS-influenced local terrorist groups in Marawi City. "Quite a number of those are definitely with them already", he said.
The jihadis gleefully topple crucifixes, stamp on posters of Pope Francis and destroy effigies in the church, believed to be located in the city of Marawi, southern Philippines.
"Our intelligence estimates that there are about 40 foreigners that fought in the Marawi incident", David said.
Lorenzana added the Philippine military had been fighting some 500 armed Islamist insurgents including the Maute group, Abu Sayyaf led by their leader Isnilon Hapilon, and local armed groups since last week.
At least 5,000 members of the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) - a separatist militant organization that has signed a peace treaty with Manila - are positioned around Marawi ready to assist government forces, CNN Philippines reported Wednesday.
The ceasefire ended at noon. "If a Malaysian and Indonesian who look exactly like us who will go there, huwag lang silang magsalita akala mo Pilipino 'yan eh", Lorenzana said.
Militants flying black Islamic State (IS) group flags rampaged through Marawi almost two weeks ago, triggering clashes with troops and police that have left at least 178 people dead.
"Based on the report that we're getting, I don't think we can meet that deadline today to completely - I'd like to qualify that - to completely free Marawi of every single armed element in every street", Padilla said in a Palace press conference.
Left condemns Govt. for denying screening of film based on Rohith Vemula
Responding to the development, Sebastian, who co-directed the film with NC Fazil , said: "Normally, the approval of judges is considered as the criteria for screening.
"Kaya itong nahirapan tayo (This difficulty we have), this will be over in about 3 more days", said Duterte during an interview with media on Saturday, June 3 in Cagayan de Oro.
The military said on Monday that Duterte had offered a bounty of 10 million pesos ($200,000) to anyone who "neutralised" Hapilon, and 5 million pesos for each of the two leaders of the Maute group.
They have been pushed back to the city center by Philippines forces over the past week after around 4,000 ground troops moved in, bolstered by helicopters and aircraft deploying rockets and bombs.
As many as 2,000 people also remained trapped in desperate conditions in these areas, the government said, likely without food and water and with some injured or ailing as security forces mount a relentless assault.
Many residents have told Reuters that the air strikes caused extensive property damage and dozens of civilian deaths.
Padilla added that a civilian was also hit by a sniper fire prior to the humanitarian ceasefire. Duterte said the use of air power had been restrained so far.
Duterte declared martial law in the Mindanao region, the southern third of the Philippines, and poured in troops backed by airstrikes, artillery fire and tanks to crush the urban insurrection. "I'm telling you now, you can kill all those you're holding now, but I won't talk to you", Duterte said in a speech before peace talks advocates at an air base in the central city of Lapu-Lapu. "All I have to do is to bomb the whole place and level it to the ground", said the President.





Comments