The Saudi federation statement said it "deeply regrets and unreservedly apologises for any offence caused".
According to the Daily Mail, Saudi soccer officials told match organizers prior to the game that the team would not be taking part in the moment of silence because it was not in keeping with their customs and traditions.
ADELAIDE, Australia The Saudi Arabian Football Federation has apologized for "any offense caused" after its players declined to participate in a minute's silence in memory of last weekend's deadly attacks in London before the start of a World Cup qualifying match against Australia.
Typically, representative of soccer's world governing body, FIFA, meet with officials from both teams and the referee a day before a World Cup qualifier to discuss game-related protocol, including plans for reflections such as the minute's silence.
Both teams approved the moment of silence, but the Saudi team said that the moment of silence did not keep with Saudi culture.
Two Australians were among the eight people killed in Saturday's attack.
The Saudi team was immediately criticised on social media, with bewildered supporters calling on Federation Internationale de Football Association to take action on the national team.
A point away in Japan in their penultimate match, and a win at home against Thailand in the final game should be enough for Australla but much will depend on the outcome of the Saudi Arabia's game against Japan in September.
"That was a disgraceful lack of respect", Albanese said.
We Want to 'Reinvent' Your Home Speakers, Apple CEO Tim Cook Says
Like the Amazon Echo and Google Home , the HomePod will play music while also helping people to manage their lives and homes. Apple said the speaker sound from the HomePod is of high quality and is also able to create virtual surround sound.
Australian prime minister Malcolm Turnbull said: "The whole world, the whole free world, is united in condemnation of that terrorist attack and terrorism generally".
In addition to the Australians who died in London, a deadly siege in Melbourne on Tuesday that Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull called "an act of terrorism" claimed one victim, while an Australian schoolgirl was one of more than a dozen killed in a Baghdad vehicle bomb blast last week.
"There is no excuse here".
Striker Tomi Juric scored a first-half brace, twice giving the Socceroos a lead before 29,785 spectators at Adelaide Oval.
Superb inter-play between Al-Sahlawi and Al-Dawari through the middle opened up Australia's defence and the Saudi star burst through and coolly slipped it low and past Mat Ryan.
Australia plays at Japan on August 31 and hosts Thailand on September 5 in its remaining matches.
The top two nations in the group secure spots in next year's showpiece tournament with the third-placed country pitched into playoff rounds.
Salem Al Dawsari clinically finished a rapid give-and-go with teammate Mohammed Al Sahlawi which sliced through Australia.





Comments