United Kingdom police name third man behind London terror attack

Adjust Comment Print

Police today named the third attacker in the weekend terror assault in London amid mounting anger, two days before an election, over how the jihadist killers had apparently escaped surveillance.

British police have named the third London Bridge attacker at 22-year-old Youssef Zaghba, believed to be an Italian national of Moroccan descent.

Police also said they had made a fresh arrest on Tuesday, detaining a 27-year-old man in Barking, east London.

Senate clears way for new sanctions on Iran
Informed sources say a suicide bomber's explosive vest has also been discovered and deactivated in the vicinity of the mausoleum . Georgian leaders condemn today's terror attacks in the Iranian capital of Tehran and express their deep sorrow to Iranian people.

Police said Zaghba had not been a subject of interest to police or the domestic spy agency MI5. Criticism immediately flared about how Butt was able to carry out the attack. Khuram Shazad Butt, a 27-year-old British citizen born in Pakistan, was known to authorities, and had been in a 2016 British documentary, The Jihadis Next Door.

Seven people were killed and 48 injured in the attack on Saturday night when the attackers drove a hired van at pedestrians on London Bridge, before stabbing people in the area around Borough Market.

Comments