Davis Allen Cripe, 16, died last month due to a "caffeine-induced cardiac event" according to the Richland County coroner in Columbia, South Carolina.
Watts said that the teen drank three caffeinated drinks which include a large Diet Mountain Dew, an energy drink, and a cafe latte, within a period of two hours before he collapsed in his Spring Hill High School classroom on April 26.
When it comes to energy drinks, Lawner says most have a caffeine content equivalent to one or two cups of coffee and don't pose a problem.
The boy's father on Monday said his son was very careful about drugs and alcohol. This will ensure you keep getting up-to-date local news, traffic and weather information.
The Mayo Clinic recommends adults take in a max of 300-400 milligrams of caffeine per day.
It's the stuff of nightmares: a high school student has died after drinking too much caffeine.
Palestinian President Reiterates Commitment to Peace Process
Earlier, Greater Manchester police said they are treating the bombing as a "terrorist incident until police know otherwise". Haaretz reports there were a number of awkward moments involving the United States president after he got off the plane.
Recent research published in The Journal of the American Heart Association showed that energy drinks can cause harmful changes in a person's blood pressure and heart function, and those changes are far more extreme than in people who consume as much caffeine from drinks like coffee or tea, pointing to likely unsafe effects from the other ingredients found in energy drinks. "Parents, please talk to your kids about these energy drinks".
"It wasn't a auto crash that took his life", Sean Cripe said while holding back tears, according to USA Today. "Instead, it was an energy drink", Sean Cripe said.
Health experts are warning students to be aware of their caffeine intake during exam season, following the death of a U.S. teenager. "There's no reason to consume them they can be very unsafe". However, they said he had ingested a Diet Mountain Dew a little time consuming that energy drink.
It recommends avoiding energy drinks.
Cripe's official cause of death was ruled to be arrhythmia caused by the consumption of caffeine in the hours immediately prior to his collapse and death.