Deadly Manchester blast after Ariana Grande concert: 5 things to know

Adjust Comment Print

Almost two dozen people were killed, 59 others injured following an explosion at an Ariana Grande concert at the Manchester Arena.

"At awful moments like these it is customary for leaders, politicians and others to condemn the perpetrators and declare that the terrorists will not win but the fact that we have been here before and the fact that we need to say this again does not make it any less true".

The "Dangerous Woman" singer tweeted that she was "broken" and said she didn't "have words" for what happened.

TMZ are now claiming that she will also be suspending other gigs in the United Kingdom, plus Belgium, Poland, Germany and Switzerland, but nothing has been officially confirmed yet.

Rohit Kachroo, security editor for NBC News' U.K. partner ITV News, reported that nuts and bolts were spotted in the arena's foyer but police would not comment on whether victims had suffered wounds from shrapnel.

Ariana Grande's manager sent the following out on Twitter, saying, "Words can not express our sorrow for the victims and families harmed in this senseless attack".

"So many young, beautiful, innocent people living and enjoying their lives murdered by evil losers in life", Trump said Tuesday in Bethlehem.

Crawley Town appoint Harry Kewell as head coach
He moved to Liverpool in 2003 where he remained for four years, during which time he scored 12 goals in 93 appearances. Kewell was in charge of the Watford Under-23 team from June 2015 before leaving Vicarage Road last month.

A press release from the O2 read: "Ariana is due to perform at The O2 on Thursday and Friday and we will advise as soon as we can as to the status of those shows".

The Quilliam Foundation, a London-based counter-extremism group, also said the Manchester attack "fits an unfortunate pattern over the last decade".

The British police said the explosion at Ariana Grande's concert is "being treated as terrorist incident".

Greater Manchester Police said they were called to the Manchester Arena in England just before 10:35 p.m. local time on Monday. She went off and the lights came on.

"We heard a bang, I just ran for my life", said Charlotte Pinder.

"I seen people running and screaming towards one direction and then many were turning around to run back the other way".

The police confirmed the attacker died in the explosion and are establishing whether "he was acting alone or as part of a network".