The latest bellicose statement follows North Korea's weekend display of military hardware in a parade marking the birthday of its founder Kim Il Sung and two attempted missile tests, one of which failed. "So yes, we are evaluating all of those options", Tillerson told reporters at the State Department.
The council expressed its strong determination to deal more proactively with North Korea's provocations by stating that their further signification measures include sanctions, the ministry said in a press release on Friday (Korean time).
The Bush administration had removed North Korea from the list of state sponsors of terrorism in 2008 after North Korea agreed to continue disabling a plutonium plant and permit access for inspections to verify that it froze its nuclear program.
"We fully support the efforts of all states in order to make sure that North Korea does not acquire the capacities that would become a threat not only to the region but in a wider area of the world", he told reporters.
The council has imposed six sets of sanctions on North Korea - two of which were adopted a year ago - to significantly ramp up the punitive measures and deny Kim Jong-Un's regime hard currency revenue. While it's not entirely known what a North Korean strike might look like, South Korea is remaining vigilant and may deploy a new missile defense system. Such actions by the United States and its worldwide allies, as well as continued military exercises on the coasts near the DPRK, are considered by Pyongyang as an open sign of hostility and constant threat.
Joseph Jakubowski: Manhunt Continues for Trump Manifesto Sender
Police said the suspect was known to officers and had previously been imprisoned for trying to disarm a police officer. A video of Jakubowski shows him dropping a white envelope addressed to President Donald Trump in a mailbox Tuesday.
UNITED NATIONS The United Nations Security Council on Thursday condemned North Korea's latest missile test and demanded Pyongyang not conduct any more nuclear tests in a statement that was delayed as the United States and Russian Federation sparred over its language.
The US has military forces in South Korea on a permanent basis, and routinely threatens the North with military action.
The South Korean defence ministry said USA and South Korean air forces were conducting an annual training exercise, codenamed Max Thunder, until April 28.
William Perry, who served as USA defence secretary from 1994 to 1997 and negotiated with North Korea, said he did not believe Pyongyang was planning a surprise attack, despite the fiery rhetoric.